Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Day Seven

Has arrived and believe it or not (those "nay sayers" say it doesn't work) I have lost five whole pounds!!! Hooray!!! And I am quite comfortable at this point not to eat any carbs. I do believe I will make it the whole two weeks. I can only hope that week number two will be equally as fruitful as I trully wanted a good start to my weight loss before adding back any carbs. This starts slowly in week number three, if you feel ready that is.

I will say that I have become addicted to sugarless hard candy and cinnamon sticks. Both of which I use as my dessert and/or make it through the 3pm blues. Other than that 3pm to 5pm timeframe, I really don't think about food that often anymore. I have become quite adjusted to eating salads loaded with cheese and meat for lunch and dinner has become interesting too. We are regularly eating cauliflower! My husband hasn't eaten this much cauliflower in his whole life I don't think. The trick is to mash them! The recipe calls for spray butter and low fat cream, I just use "Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and skim milk, mash them up and they are just as good a pototoes. As long as I don't over do it right now, I think it may become a new favorite around here. I still miss my cereal in the morning, but it more a mind over matter thing. Once I eat my eggs, I realize that they are just as filling and honestly they keep me full longer.

So there you have it, my first week of no carbs is over and I am still here and committed to the punch. I feel better, a little skinnier (not much, but a little) and don't feel deprived in anyway. Now if the rain would stop long enough to take my bunch for a good walk, we will all be in heaven. Otherwise, I will start trying to add some yoga or pilates next week, will see if "J" lets me play the video.

6 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

WAY TO GO ANNA!

I knew you could do it. Right ON. I'm not good with my diet lately but I did go out and buy another walking dvd so i cna use the ocmputer to work out instead of fighting for the t.v. Speakingof which it's time to pop it in a walk with Leslie.

Congrats

10:07 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

WAY TO GO ANNA!

I knew you could do it. Right ON. I'm not good with my diet lately but I did go out and buy another walking dvd so i cna use the ocmputer to work out instead of fighting for the t.v. Speakingof which it's time to pop it in a walk with Leslie.

Congrats

10:07 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Hey congratulations! You are doing so great!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Anna, you should be proud of yourself. The first week is often the hardest and with amazing results like that it'll keep you motivated to keep going. Did you call your "friend" yet? I know you've got me thinking and I've been making smarter food choices this past week too and even added some e-x-e-r-c-i-s-e, phew. Thanks Anna!

3:07 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Thanks you guys :) I opted not to call my "friend" as I figure she will figure it out sooner or later. I think I will be happier not discussing it with her in the future. I am also aware that you always lose the most in the beginning which is the whole point to get a kick start, so I will be keeping it up for a bit. Thankfully, I will be adding carbs back in slowly though ;)

Thanks for all the morale boosting, it sure has been great. And I am happy TwinMom+1 that I have helped reispire you :)

Anna

3:41 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Good for you Anna! You must be SO proud of yourself! I thought of you today when I made scrambled eggs for lunch with the leftovers after making french toast for the boys...but HAD to eat them with some pumpernickel toast. Sorry. I am so lame and have no willpower. You are an inspiration. Keep it up!!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home