Monday, October 17, 2005

Phew! Internet is working again

How crazy is it when the internet goes down for a day, you just don't really know what to do??

Well, while my little guy was sleeping (I think I will call him "J" from now on, shorter than "little guy") I thought I would use that time to finish up some sewing. Sewing machine conked out. Go figure. No internet, no sewing. Then, certain channels conk out at the same time. I figured everything happens in threes so it must be ok now. And sure enough all is well again. Crazy though, all my favorite machines taking a break today, perhaps they were trying to tell me something.

OK, so here's the dilema of the day. While my favorite machines were taking a break I called one of my girlfriends. We have been friends for 25 years (I feel I should say that, not sure why). We share pretty much everything, and lately our talks have centered around our weight loss issues. She has a ten week old baby and her husband is bugging her to get back in shape. Sadly, this started around the four or five week post pardem mark, but she took his suggestions and is trying hard. She is going back to being a vegetarian, unless she has a meat craving, she doesn't eat dairy, doesn't eat wheat and that is her plan. I say "GREAT, you look great and shouldn't be worrying, but I support you in your efforts". Then she turns to me and says, "how are you making out with the no carb thing?" I tell her it is going well and that I am quite proud of myself for going six whole days without carbs.... the longest in my life. Then, she tells me, she doesn't "believe in the no carb thing, so how do I really think it's working for me?" I am a little shell shocked, but tell her I will let her know when I weigh myself on Wednesday, but I feel great. I am getting over my cravings and again quite proud of myself. She then says, " let me know Wednesday" and changes the subject!

So, basically, I feel like I was let down. Over the years I have supported her through many things, like plain old being a vegetarian, which I don't believe in for purely religious beliefs (for example, I feel God gave us cows to eat, and give us milk). But, I have supported her. I have never been critical or even told her I don't agree with it, but I cook her vegetarian and don't eat meat in front of her. There are other things, quite similar, but I don't want to list. I feel that I am not here to judge other people, but felt in one fell swoop that I was judged. I actually felt kinda crappy and almost fell off the wagon tonight at my Dad's birthday dinner, but remembered that I was doing this for me and not for her, so I ate my fat free yoghurt for dessert while everyone else was having cake AND pie!!! And hopefully, when I get on that scale on Wednesday, I will feel a sense of accomplishment for all that I have given up.


Who knew it would be so hard to simply try to lose weight??

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Anna

CALL ME! Don't you dare let that person lead you down that Carb road. I know I couldn't do it but I respect and admire those who can. I can be your carb buddy or ego whatever you want to call it. We can talk about other things to get over those cravings.
She did let you down. People do that she is acting like a 15 yr old and let me tell you story about that when you call.

Wanna get together this week? We can have veggie soup.
Hugs

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing how friends can mess with our minds in one quick swoop

boo hoo to her and yahoo to you Anna, keep up the good work and keep us posted on your Wednesday results :)

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. home security improvements Cool laptop hard drive cases Flexible computer keyboard free pda phone http://www.buysextoys9.info Madison cosmetic dentist Used 2000 gmc safari mirror Ibm network 17 simm card instal manual Information on mass religous education Miken and baseball pda freeware pda review

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Commercial stationery Peugeot schwaben Life assurance hertfordshire Kid sports bedding cheap air flights travel tips discount meridia Mp3 ringtone upload Bets culinary school canada zoloft buy online mp3 player Download boot disk norton ghost health insurance rating accounting software 2004 dodge ram truck accessories nutritional supplements Trevor leather chairs buspirone roulette online

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home