Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Spa Day

Today was Spa Day. I was afraid to say where I was going in case it turned out to be a Spa Day from H**l. But, it was not! I went to the Au Naturel Spa located in the Brookstreet Hotel. It was great. Brookstreet is a newer hotel/resort located in Kanata. If I was visiting Ottawa, I would want to stay there, but be warned you are far from downtown and there is very little to see right outside the hotel, except for "High-Tech" Offices.

I had a "Bilberry Facial" and a "Monticelli Fango Wrap". I had never had a wrap before, but it was sublime. It is described as "A reducing and detoxifying treatment based upon the use of soft creamy mud and Italian thermal waters. This wrap is slimming and detoxifying". Well, I don't feel much slimmer after, but my skin is glowing and soft and feeling great.

The facial is dedscribed as "A gentle treatment recommended for sensitive and irritated skins, specifically formulated for relieving redness using bilberry, licorice and other plant extracts. Excellent for sun-damaged, dry, and/or sensitive skin". My face, is feeling fresh and wrinkle free now, it will probobly feel wrinkled again tomorrow when I wash it and use my usual lotions and creams.

All in all Spa Day 2005 was a huge success, but I will be having a couple more as I still have a few gift certificates to use up from some other Spa's closer to home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh how decadent! I'm glad you had such a great time. That wrap sounds divine. I never had one before.

9:42 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Aaaaaaahhhhhh.....

10:50 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Jealous...need I say more?

Glad you enjoyed it.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, good for you for doing this FOR YOU, now don't forget all those other gift certificates!!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home