Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Sun is Here, The Sun is Here.

I am not kidding in any way when I say that three and a half of us were cheering very loudly last night when "JJ" was forecasting a beautiful sunny day for today! And as the boys were playing hockey in the driveway last night clad in hats and mitts, and I bundled in the garage (out of the wind) in a chunky sweater and a blanket for a skirt, I was almost convinced that if the Sun didn't come out today that it would snow for sure. Well, here we are and yep you guessed it, not a cloud in the sky, the Sun is streaming in the front windows as it is rising in the East. How glorious a sight. I am prepared for dark rainy days in November, our wettest month, but is really was a shock to go from Sunny and +30 to Rainy and +14 in a few days. I did promise the dogs a good long walk on the next Sunny day, so I guess I will have to fulfill at some point today.

On another, only somewhat realted note, does anyone else feel kinda Christmasy already? My Birthday hasn't even come and gone nor has Halloween and already I am feeling like Christmas is getting close. It could be that Danigirl made a very flattering comment about being able to see my house decorated for the holidays that could have got me started. I realized that I don't have a clue about how I am going to decorate here. Our last two houses were a bit smaller than this one, so I had just enough decorations to make the place look festive. Now, I am not sure at all what I will do. I do know that there will be stockings hung by the fireplace, I have waited six years to hang real sized stockings on a real mantel ( I have mini ones that hung on a shelf). So that will be my first order of Christmas business, making some stockings. And I will keep rifling through old Christmas magazines for other ways to dress up my house and hope that I will make it until Christmas as I am already ready to decorate ;).

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

NOPE not even close to feeling Christmasy! Although nathan is drivng me nuts about Santa and when is he coming. Plus we are changing the way we do Christmas this year with my family for the first time since I got married. I'm having it. My mom who is 74 cannot feed 18 people anymore PLUS when my dad has enough he can go home to the peace and quite. It's going to be an adjustment.

I'm sure your palce will look MARVOLOUS Darling when you get it all decorated up. Martha will be proud! ;)

2:44 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I am SO excited about Christmas decorating this year! Thinking I'll be starting on November 1 as soon as I can get all the pumpkins, ghosts and witches off the walls. I already bought a couple of new Christmas decorations at Home Sense and Pier 1 - on Thanksgiving weekend, go figure.

We are also getting excited for Santa too - the wish lists are growing daily.

And yes, the sunny day today was glorious!!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm still trying to focus on Halloween, but after that is over I typically slingshot right into the December holidays.

Unless it snows first, then I get into holiday mode.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not in christmnassy mode yet either, gotta get Halloween over first, then all 3 kids birthdays are in November but as soon as that's over, watch out! Funny, picked out some new Xmas ornaments too at Winners and pier 1 lately!! AND (insert big pride-filled grin here) have already a few Xmas presents stashed away!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

LOL, Anna. I don't know why, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw your gorgeous house - how perfect it would look all decorated for Christmas. Must be all that GREEN with envy I was feeling!!

I love Christmas and have already started thinking about gifts, but cringe thinking about battling Mr Trouble (Simon) over the decorating scheme.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home