Monday, January 23, 2006

"Good Job Mommy"

Those three words, "Good Job Mommy" was what I heard when I voted today. My little "J" was so proud of Mommy, even though he did not know what on earth I was doing. The people manning the voting booths thought it was pretty funny. It was cute indeed, but truthfully, I vote because I have to.

If I don't vote, then who am I to say about what goes on in our Country?
If I don't vote, then what on earth did all those women (Nelly McClung) do for us so many years ago?
If I don't vote, then what will happen to Canada in the future, the future for "J" and "A"?

I vote because I have to. Even though the choices this go round were still not the best, no matter which party you are going with, you still have to choose one of them. These men and women chose to become politicians as a career, we have to decide which ones will work the hardest for us, to make Canada the best Canada it can be.

Have we made mistakes over the years? Sure we have.
Have we learned from our mistakes? Probobly not as much as we should have.
Will we make more mistakes as time goes on? Most likely.

In the end, whichever candidate is elected tonight should know one thing. I cast my vote today, so I will be watching, waiting, listening. Hoping to see Canada continue to shine as the great country I know it to be. And yes, I may complain once in a while, but alas that is my right, for today, I cast my vote.

Did you?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if I could of then I would of.. ;)

6:43 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

well said Anna!

I did my duty as I always do cuz apathy is no answer
this time the choice was clear for me, unlike other times
should go check out the results

6:51 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I agree--it is necessary to vote. It shows that the democratic process will eventually work (and, if nothing else, it gives you a right to complain if the other side wins)...A great example you are setting!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I did...And It didn't do much good in my Riding...The BLOC still got in...POUT!

8:06 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

I did. But only cause I *had* to.

8:49 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Another thing. My kids were with me but they were too busy chatting it up with everyone there to tell me'good job'. I usually only hear than when I mbake brownines. Sigh.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the first time in my adult life I voted in a Federal Election. Didn't make a whole lot of difference in our riding....but did it anyhow
Barb

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home