Thursday, January 26, 2006

Three most beautiful words

"I Love You".

I think that one of the things I have been waiting for as a Mom was to hear my child say "I Love You", without being pushed or prodded or coaxed along. This week it has started. Out of the blue, I hear him say, "I love you Mommy". Makes my eyes well up with tears and my heart very happy.

"J" is a very sensitive boy, I am sure he gets a lot of it from his mother, but he is always looking out for others to make sure they are ok. Rubbing his cousins back asking "are you ok?" or making sure he has snacks and treats for both of them when we go out somewhere together. The way he hugs me and holds my neck so tight, I knew in my heart that he loved me. To hear him say it out loud just makes it all worth while.

In addition to the "I Love You's" being passed around, the newest trick around here is to talk on the phone. We have been trying to get him to talk to his Opa in Vancouver on the phone for a while now. Normally he would listen and smile, but all of a sudden last week he realized that he could talk too! He walks around the room pointing out all his toys and telling his Opa what he played with that day. It is really great. The only drawback is that he now picks up the other extension and talks to whomever I am talking to on the phone. Not so bad when it is family, but have to keep an eye on him when it is not! One of the best phone calls yet was when "J" picked up the phone to sing "Happy Birthday" to his cousin "LJ", the two of them chatted and talked and I was indeed shedding a few tears. We are now entering a whole new era with "J" and I have to say that I really like it a lot.

7 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Sheesh - you got my eyes welling up just reading that.

- How can you not melt when being the recipient of unsolicited "I love yous".

- We too have a recent 'thing' for the phone and love to hear them chatting away with whoever - they seem so old.

Nice warm fuzzy post.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Love it too Anna...Nathan has been saying I love you mommy for years. He says it to Daddy and Miranda too. I always love to hear it. Miranda stills says it to me. And she is 15 but she says she is totally uncool that's why it's no problem to say it,.


Great post Anna. Makes warm and tingly.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

You are making me all weepy!

My girls say "I love you bye" at the end of every phone call.

12:23 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Aww. It is such a sweet moment. Enjoy!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a hard time staying mad at my "j" when she hugs my leg and says "I love you today mommy" to which I reply "I love you everyday"

Words I never thought I would ever hear.....

Barb

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Adware and spyware popup blocker Computer speaker yamaha Central divorce registry ottowa Big boys toys rv avis car rental travel south america

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home