Thursday, February 23, 2006

And now we wait

My experiment was technically cancelled yesterday. Which only means that I don't take the last shot of meds to make sure that I ovulate. That being said, I will still most likely ovulate on my own and I have 5 rather large follicles that will probobly release five eggs. I also have a whack load of extra not as large follicles that heaven forbid, could release as well. We are still in the running to acheive a pregnancy, but now our chances of twins has just been multiplied to chances of five, what is five quintuplets?

We were aware of the chances we were taking when we started this experiment, but the risk was that we may end up with triplets. I was ok with that thought, but upping the chances to five is just so much more. I am trying not to go overboard with my thoughts, but truth be told is that I have to prepare myself seriously to the fact that a mistake was made and I may have to live with the consequences of it. We will be looking for sponsor's if this happens, you can be sure of that :)

Another day of toddlers awaits me, yesterday was pretty fun, the boys played well with only a few minor incidents. We will have to wait and see what today brings for them. Well, at least I get the practice ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Why can't you just take the meds to ovulate and make lots of whoopee?? I figure in 'our' world the chance of all 5 fertilizing are pretty low. Now ONE or TWO is what I wish for you.

Hugs.

10:37 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Thanks Nancy, I asked the same thing, and they said don't "be ridiculous".

1:12 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I can't believe they didn't listen to you. And now it's canceled. And I can't believe they are NOT listening to you again. DOn't be ridiculous! That drives me insane. I never liked that clinic at times.

I agree with Nancy the chances of concieveing 5 are pretty darn low. Aholes!

Hugs to you my friend.

8:20 AM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

I"m so sorry Anna, I'm way behind on my reading. You've had such a hard go of it, this is just one more wrong turn - a turn you didn't even make.

How very very frustrating...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home