Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Almost a Valentine's

My younger sister went into preterm labour yesterday!! She is at 35 weeks and her water started "leaking" with mild contractions. They took all day to get her an ultrasound to check out the little bean, so she was confined to bed all day. Then, after the ultrasound decided that she needed to stay at the hospital on bedrest for at least a week to try and keep the baby in for another week. Oh the tears!!!! And I completely understand, it was her first night away from her little guy "J2", who is two and a half. I was able to go in and see her yesterday and "J" and "J2" got to have a playdate at Grandma's house. Which meant I also got to catch up on all my work :)

Unfortunately the hospital is not yet set up with WiFi, so I couldn't even give her a computer to play with. Apparently they are working on it, just haven't quite got there yet, "should be in for your next baby" they said. So poor thing will be hanging out, in bed, all day long. I would be bawling too, but I did remind her to catch up on sleep and reading while she doesn't have to run after a toddler and a new born. Let Grandma run ;) (I did offer too, but Grandma has a visitor who used to be a Nanny so she has back up).

So for now, we will wait for our little niece, hoping that she will wait another week to show up, just long enough so she doesn't have to be in Nicu and can come home to Mom and Dad and her Big Brother.

Hang tight almost Valentine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nathan arrived at 35 weeks. I hope she does wait one week. It maes a big difference. BIG Hugs to her and tell her we're all thinking of her.

Hugs and Kisses.

7:40 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Good luck to her, the pre-term stuff is so hard on everyone and so scary.

1:55 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

thinking of your sister

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ann D said...

The stress of being in the hospital can be crazymaking -- especially if you're on the maternal-infant floor, where everyone else seems to be having the textbook everything. I hope time flies by for your sister and her baby-to-be.

My sister is due Feb. 24th. I'm on Babywatch, too.

8:32 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

I hope she can hang in for another week or so...but happy to hear she is in the right place for when the time comes. Please send her good wishes!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home