Friday, February 10, 2006

leaps and bounds

It has taken "J" getting sick for me to sit back and reflect on how much he has changed and grown since last summer.

He keeps telling me he is "OK" every time I wipe his nose or take his temperature. He seems to understand that I am a little more concerned about him when he is sick as opposed to days when I let him run free and not follow with a tissue.

He is having more independant play, for which I am greatful. He has started to have conversations with his action figures. The Rescue Heroes are his favorite right now, so he plays with them and tells them to put out fires and rescue. It is so adorable to watch, I feel as though I have waited a long time to see independant play.

We also had Thomas, James, Edward and Percy all lined up at the table being served yogurt! "J" took the yougurt out of the fridge himself, grabed a spoon and started feeding all his friends. Now if only I could get him to eat his yougurt too, then we would all be happy.

He also fell in love with his "My First Leap Pad" we got on sale after Christmas and decided to wait a bit to give it to him. We broke it out last Friday and it has been a hit ever since. It is like his own "game" but instead of a video game it teaches him things. It isn't his first "Leap" product, he has the alphabet centipede and an alphabet tablet, but this one tells stories and he just loves it. Now we need to buy another book or two, maybe a Dora one :)

Having his first cold in a year hasn't been so bad after all, he is just starting to catch on to the fact that after two days it hurts to wipe your nose. And Hubby is definately a sickie too, but I can only take care of one at a time, so he gets leftovers, poor guy. So far so good, I am not sick at all, but am getting ready to start my fertility experiment, so it should be fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Come to our house! We love our Rrescue Heroes and Leap Pads - commonly referred to as "My Computer" just like Daddy (Daddy has a laptop). Very cute.

Dora book and Wiggles book both highly recommended.

10:53 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Oh we love our leap pads here too!
And isn't it the most amazing thing when they start their imaginative independent play!

good luck with your experiment :)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home