Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Napless Wonder with a Fever

I feel terrible that I have been absent this past week. I have been dealing with "J" no longer napping and readjusting my work schedule. All of a sudden "J" just stopped napping. He went from two hours every day to not! And he is not sleeping in any later (except today) than usual so I am wondering how he will continue to function without twelve hours of sleep. There were a few exceptions when he would fall asleep in the car and I would transfer him to his bed, but just as I was shutting his door he would be wide awake and on his way downstairs again. He did have a nap on Saturday, but he stayed up late that night so it was cancelled out.

I used to do a large portion of work during his naptime, it was basically half my day's worth, so I have found that I am falling behind. I was able to work for a couple of hours last week while "J" played with his trains, but he isn't always in the mood to let "Mommy work". So I will have to see if I am able to keep this up or not.

Then, the fever started. Last night around midnight "J" climed into bed with me a fell asleep. At first I thought it was morning, but when he fell asleep I realized that it was still night. I reached over to pick him up and transfer him back to bed when I felt his tummy and he was burning up. I waited until he woke up (20 min) and gave him some medicine. Two hours later, he fell back asleep using my knees as a pillow and putting his burning hot feet on my neck. But, he was asleep and stayed that way all night. It was me that had a hard time hetting back to sleep, I didn't want to move him for fear of him not falling back to sleep, and Hubby kept trying to push me back over on my side of the bed. I was a human sandwich! Tonight if we have a recap, I will go sleep in "J"'s room with "J". The fever stayed at bay until 4pm when it came back. "J" was asleep by 6pm and hopefully will be better in the morning.

I have wonderful cake photos to post, but will have to wait until the morning :)

8 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

oh, I hope he isn't dropping the nap for yorur sake. May I suggest enforcing quiet time in his room if he is? It took a few months of hard work, but from about 27 months on, C havs been convinced that everyone in the world stays in their rooms between 1:30 and 3 pm...

8:55 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Hope he feel sbetter soon too. Maybe it was just part of getting sick???

8:56 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

B hasn't had a nap since he was officially 2.5. It was a rough transition, but like you said, just dropped it. The trade-off that transcended was a much earlier bedtime. 7-7. some nights was as early as 6:30. Aaaah.

I wish the same for you. BUT mostly I hope J's fever is all gone and you all have a restful night.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh I hope J gets better soon and you get some work done. You just have to be strict with a bedtime (yeah I know looks whos talking here) He may need the sleep even though he doesn;t know it.

Hugs

7:50 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Also wanted to share with you that around 2.25 when I thought we were giving up our nap for good, after about 10 days (my magic number) he actually went back to a nap for a few more months. Hopes for you!!

11:46 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

When the twins dropped their naps, I wondered how I was going to survive. Tried quiet time, worked more or less. Tried movie time mid afternoon, worked more or less. Had a neighbourhood kid come for a few hours here and there to keep them busy while I caught up on stuff. And then, every once in a while one of them falls asleep in the afternoon or, oh glorious day, both at the same time!!

you'll find a routine that works for you, you'll see

hang in there

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home