Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Toddler times two!

On this my second day with two two and a half year olds, who are not only cousins, but only a week apart, scares me a little. They will play happily for a while then all of a sudden melt down!!! One wants what the other has, even when they are the exact same toy, and vice versa. I am getting a glimpse, but only just a glimpse of what life would be like with twins, not so bad at times, head splitting at other moments. I love them both though so it's all good :)

My sister had to be rushed back to the hospital yesterday when within 45 minutes her contractions were coming at 3min apart. Thankfully, I am a skilled driver, who did not have to speed (too much) and am creative at parking quickly (handicapped) and at speaking loudly down the halls without yelling ("woman in labour, clear the way) while pushing a wheelchair loaded with sister and paraphenalia. Her hubby arrived a few minutes after us and I left. Phew! Unfortunatley her labour stopped a few hours later and they are currently assessing what to do with her (i.e. send her home agian or induce).

Add to that that I am cooking a roast for my Sister and her Husband at 11am, so I am drooling over a roast and it won't be ready for hours, ack!

J2 (nephew) just wacked J in the head with a butterfly net. Why oh why? All for a guitar. And this is only Tuesday :)

4 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

hang in there Anna!

as for life with twins, yep, now you know what it's like, sigh

4:17 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Hang in there!!!! You're doing great!

10:45 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

oooh the fun

or not

12:12 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH dear you had your hands full yesterday. When they get nasty with each other I send mine outside. OK Nathan outside so I can have some piece and quit. Do you have your backyard fenced in yet? Cause use it if you do.

Good luck with the rest of the week.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home