Monday, February 27, 2006

A visit to the Museum



I couldn't take the sitting around yesterday. Hubby doesn't get it that our home is my office and when the weekend comes, I don't want to sit around here while he sits on a chair and reads a french book or the paper or whatever. I spend all week cleaning, playing and hanging out, when the weekend comes I want us to head out and do something. I finally suggested a museum yesterday, mostly because we didn't need to go shopping for anything, it was a little chilly for the canal, and we bought the membership and hadn't gone to the Science Museum yet. We packed up and headed off.

It turned out to be quite fun! "J" got to touch and play with everything, he mostly loved all the headphones and phones everywhere. I will say that I was a little disappointed, it has changed since I was a kid and since we used to take "A" there. There didn't seem to be as much to play with and experiment as I remembered. And I was definately disppointed at the space section. There was nothing about the Canadarm, and there were mostly posters and videos instead of the real thing (or replicas) to look at. "J" had lots of fun and had a good nap after, so it meant that he got lots of running around excercise and that makes it worth it hands down.

The farm should have the animals in this week, so hopefully we will go there agian soon and maybe bring "J2"!

3 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nathan LOVES going there. Although RIGHT now I think he would ahve more fun at The Natural history museum or the childrens museum at Civilaztion. We should go.

8:15 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

I have never been to the Children's!! I think J would love it :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

I can't wait to take my boys to ALL the great museums there one day (soon) I hope.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home