Monday, December 31, 2007

"Another Year Over...

...and a New One Just Begun." (John Lennon - can't think of the name of the song).

As I sit here on New Years Eve, trying to catch up on my blogging. I look back on this past year and realize it was a pretty great one.

After two years of dreaming of another baby, Apple made her appearance and has been a joy for pretty much ever minute she has been here (I can't totally erase her screaming in the car that is pretty much over at this point).

J has grown up and started school. Which he loves and can't wait to get back to. He learned to skate and swim this past year and has also started gymnastics. He is a regular athlete and I hope we can continue to encourage him.

Hubby continues to be a great Husband and surprises and amazes me often. He is talented and gifted and I don't talk of him often enough but, he is the rock in our family and to him I am grateful and love him more everyday.

My family was together again for the holidays. Every year with each additional child, it truly amazes me that we can still get together. Next year won't be much different as my eldest Sister is adding another baby this May (not sure if I mentioned this, as natural pregnancies amongst my Sisters still hurts, but alas it is true another boy will be added to the clan). And Opa was here for Christmas which has been wonderful in itself. Poor J will be shocked in a few days when it is just Apple and I at his disposal.

My youngest Sister headed back Stateside yesterday and not without adventure. Her connection in Chicago was cancelled, so she was put up for the night and given some meal vouchers. Only to arrive for her flight this morning which was overbooked. Being single and not in a rush she accepted the 'first class' tickets home tonight as well as a round trip 'first class' voucher anywhere in the continental US. And additional meal vouchers. Essentially she got three flights for the price of one as she received a voucher on her way here when her flight was delayed and missed her connection and now on her way home. I tell you, you don't get that kind of service from Canadian Airlines.

My eldest Sister heads home tomorrow to Regina. We had a wonderful visit which included our first ever real sleepover here. It was a total blast and J can't wait to have more of them in the future.

And Opa is here until Thursday. Which will round up the visiting and leave our house very quiet. I have about a months worth of cleaning, sorting and organizing so January won't be too boring.

Gah! My quick New Years post turned into a novel. Not the first time that has happened so let me wrap this up.

Wishing all my wonderful readers a fabulous New Year. I look forward to the excitement 2008 brings as much as I look forward to getting back to my regular blog reading. It has been hard for me not to pick up my computer at every spare moment, but I just have had too much on the go.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

All the best to you 'Beach Mama' in 2008...

9:50 PM  
Blogger LVGurl said...

Merry Christmas (last week :) and Happy New Year to you!!

What a great year you've had! :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Kellan said...

I have not seen you in a while and am so happy you came by this evening - I hope you have a wonderful New Year and I hope to see more of you in 2008 - take care. Kellan

1:55 AM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Happy New Year to you and yours. Sounds like you had a fabulous 2007, here's to an even better 2008.

Heidi

5:00 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I too have a months worth of cleaning. I will hold on to my holiday memories as I put my house back together.

12:30 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Happy New Year!!!!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song is John Lennon's "Merry Xmas/War is Over" - one of my faves!

What a great year you've had -- here's to wishing you and your family even more joy in 2008.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I am glad the year is over and we can start fresh!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! Happy New Year to you and the rest of the BeachMama clan!

P.S. So, what did you end up making as Christmas presents? I'm curious to find out what cool crafty things you've been up to!

xoxo

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! I am so glad that you had all your sisters with you, how wonderful that is.

Yay for your little dream coming true. Miss Apple is a blessing indeed no matter how she came to be.

:-)

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Infertility Treatment said...

http://www.pfcla.com is a resource of information on pregnancy and provide great content to help you so that you have an understating of all the facts and information you need about all pregnancy stages. We have articles that provide you information necessary from the time you plan to have a baby and consider conception, reading symptoms of pregnancy, detecting and understanding early signs of pregnancy, what are possible pregnancy problems, different stages of pregnancy like the first trimester of pregnancy, second trimester of pregnancy, third trimester of pregnancy, delivery and childbirth and the post pregnancy period.



Thanking
Infertility Treatment

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home