Friday, October 28, 2005

Forgot to Update

On my last few days of the no carb thing. So it ended officially on Wednesday and I lost a total of seven pounds. I feel good, I feel skinnier (even if I am only a bit skinnier) and that is all that matters, because I am doing this for me. I started adding some "good" carbs back in on Wednesday night, but am limiting the amount to one or two per day. So far, I have only had a whole grain cereal and pizza with whole wheat crust. I am supposed to add some fruit back in as well, but I forgot to pick some up at the grocery store, so I haven't done that yet. Will see how that goes.

So there you have it, it can be done. If I can give up carbs for a mere two weeks anyone can!! It was the longest I have gone without cereal for breakfast since I started eating it as a kid. And the longest I have gone without bread too. The best thing out of this is it got me off the snacking just because. I would pour a bowl of snacks for "J" and pop a few in my mouth. If I did that over the last two weeks, I made myself spit it out. Hopefully I can keep going for a bit more and make it an even ten or so.

4 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

Wow, Anna! Good for you!!!

I am a shameful creature. I am now cutting out my evening snack, but only every second night. I am weak!!

What I'm really curious about is whether the weight stays off when the carbs come back. Do keep us posted. If it lasts, I may try the two week challenge myself!

(Pass me the bread, will you? ;))

3:20 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Will let you know Dani, as that is my worry too! I will say that I am not adding in the full carbs, as in three times a day. And I am not adding anything "white" bread, flour, rice, pasta. It will continue for a while, cause I do want to lose a bit more anyway ;). That being said, I had a small bowl of cereal this am and I had to say I was starving by 9:30am!!! When I was having two boiled eggs for breakfast, I could go all the way till lunch (longer if I had an extra coffee!)

Anna - working on the willpower for sure.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

GOOD FOR YOU ANNA! I don't think I would have the will power. Although I'm not a huge bread eater but I do love love love my pasta.

I may give it a week and see how it goes. Although I already ate 1/2 a bagel this a.m. Nathan had the other half .

We'll talk ;)

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home