Sunday, December 11, 2005

Holiday Music Meme

Since Danigirl decided to create a Meme, I thought I would play along...

Favorite Holiday/Christmas Songs:
Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby, David Bowie
Silent Night - Sung by anyone
Silver Bells - My favorite to play on the cello
Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley

Favorite Traditional Hymn:
Away in a Manger

Favorite Christmas Novelty Song:
Has to be Bob and Doug - 12 Days of Christmas
but, Adam Sandler's Hannuka (still a holiday song) comes a close second

Favorite Pop Christmas Schmaltz:
Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid (isn't this the only one for Christmas??)

Song that, heard once will rattle around in your head like marbles in a steel drum for days:
Santa Baby - and I can't stand it!

Christmas song that makes you feel very Scrooge-ish:
I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus - for some reason it grates on my teeth.