Sunday, December 04, 2005

Catching up!

We played catch up this weekend.

We finished all our Christmas shopping, except our gifts for each other.

I finished up the holiday cards and they are ready for stamps tomorrow.

And... I got another treat ready for the holidays :)

Peppermint Bark

Melt 2lbs of White Chocolate in double boiler.

Crush 12 peppermint candy canes and add to melted chocolate along with 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract.

Stir until smooth.

Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Chill in refrigerator until hard, crack and serve.

Will last several weeks in a tin in the fridge.

9 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is my friend's favorite candy. People always buy it for her--no one ever has made it.

8:46 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

R2K, I was actually thinking of you when I made this, wondering if there was such a thing as Vegan candycanes? Or are they Vegan anyway? Oh I have so much to learn. You can make it in a flas, I think I was done in 15 minutes and that included the clean up :)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OMG ANNA
You make the yummiest stuff. I'm comin' over!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

The candy canes I have run into are vegan. White chocolate, not so much--so I need to find a recipe to make it mock. Or else just use dark chocolate (which works for me anyway).

10:41 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi there! Saw you on Running2K's blog - thought I would stop by.

Neat place you have here!

Harmonia
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

1:58 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

R2K dark chocolate would work great, I would sprinkle the candy can on top for the effect :)

Harmonia, welcome :)

Anna

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my way for some of the goodies..no time to bake them for myself...see you in ...about 6 hours..LOL
Barb

8:56 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Don't tease Barb! I made more today, that include RUM!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm if I don't stop to pee...it it could be shorter...hhmmm
Wish I could
I hate being so far away
Barb

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home