Friday, December 02, 2005

Holiday inspiration from Nancy

Nancy has inspired me, both to get my organizational butt together and to take photos of what is actually keeping me so busy.

Yesterday I started my holiday baking. I always start with the item that takes the longest in the oven. The Chocolate Filled Meringues. They are the perfect bite-sized mix of chocolate and meringue. Even non-meringue peeps seem to enjoy them.


Whip the egg white, cream of tarter and sugar until nice glossy stiff peaks form.

Once you have nice shiny peaks, fill a piping bag with the meringue and pipe onto parchment in little kiss sized dollops.
Pop them in the oven at 200 degrees F for 2 hours and another hour with the oven off.

And you will end up with trays of delicious mini-meringues. They aren't done yet, I will melt some chocolate dip one half with chocolate and sandwich two together. Will post after shots when this is done.

While my oven was working away, I was putting the final touches on my homemade Christmas cards. They have turned out pretty good, but were a bit more work than I originally bargained for. Still they were less than half the price I usually pay at Loblaws for the preprinted cards.

This was my Thursday. I also finished almost all of the Christmas shopping and hope to hold a family wrapping party (ok, just want dear hubby to help out for once).

I will aim to post a holiday themed preparation or event everyday inspired by Nancy, as this is truly what is consuming me these days, I might as well share it with you all.

Happy Holiday preparation everyone!

9 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

ARRGGGHHHH Those look soo hard but soo yummy..>SO wanna have a playgroup over here next week I could use a few of those. That's one heck of a mixer too.

Pluzzeee?

I have to start baking.

1:13 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

They are sooooo easy! There will be lots left to share ;). The awesome mixer was gift from my honey. I had directed him to a refurbishing shop to find me one, but he figured I would love one from the box all of my own. I cried when I got it and thank him year round when I am baking :) One of the best birthday presents ever.

Anna

6:01 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Hooray!! Anna's playing!!!

How easy/hard would it be to make those with my regular cheap-ass hand mixer?

Cards? I am lucky if I get mine done and out by New Years, but kinda fun to think of everyone getting a card after the fact. I'll try really really really hard this year.

I'll be the geeky crafty Christmas chick and you be the gourmet chef Christmas chick.

7:48 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Nancy! Easy Smeazy! I have made these for years, long before I had my special mixer. You just can't read a book while it's blending ;). The first time I used my Kitchen Aid, I really truly felt like I knew what it was like to be Martha.

7:22 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

recipe - please?

8:31 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:31 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

that was me cause it posted twice, didn't wanna sound like a parrot

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

recipe - please?

is there an echo in here ?

(thinking I could actually be able to make these ;)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

You did your cards, too? You are a goddess and I am so lazy.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home