Friday, January 06, 2006

New Couch



Actually it is about eight years old, but my Mother couldn't take the worn out fabric anymore so she asked me to make a slipcover. I have made the cushions many times, but never the whole thing. So I set out on a journey. Terribly afraid that it would cost me more to make than my Mom to buy a new one. As I made the first cut in the fabric I started to sweat, by the time I sewed the last stitch, I wasn't as concerned anymore. And guess what? It fit perfectly! It is a little disheveled from two toddlers jumping on it, but I had to take a photo anyway. will do another more professional one when there is no sunlight streaming in through the back.

So here is the first of many projects I will highlight for you. I already have two more slipcovers on order and am working on a batch of roman blinds. We are off to a busy New Year!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I made slipcovers too. BUT Not near as nice as yours. I was in a hurry and never really finished them. maybe you could give me lessons. I have a surger and NEED to surge them.

Good job! I can see you being a busy lady this year.

10:34 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

That looks like a re-upholstering job, not a slipcover....absolutely STUNNING!! Great job!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what talent and amazing workmanship! I'm in awe!!

Great job!!!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home