Monday, January 08, 2007

A Couch with a View


This has been my view pretty much since last Wednesday. And before you read on, know in your heart that I am not complaining.

Nausea kicked in for me last Wednesday. I seriously think that Nancy and Silver Creek Mom wished it on me so much that it came to pass. I had minimal nausea for J when pregnant with him, nothing a bagel or crackers couldn't fix in a minute. Well, not this time. It started with a trip to Costco just a little too close to lunch time. I thought my Chai Lattée would hold me, but such was not the case. And because the sample ladies were just getting started nothing but the coffee was ready to sample. J and I bolted home and scarfed down lots of food in hopes of staving off the nausea.

Thursday came around and it was still there, then there was Friday! I thought I was going to die, it was very similar to when I had the Norwalk virus when pregnant with J except that I did not have to make any trips to the bathroom.

Saturday saw me doing much better. I pulled out my Seabands and I picked up a couple of home remedies, gingerale and mint candies. Then my girlfriend supplied me with candied ginger (this stuff rocks). I was feeling even better by Sunday.

One of the worst parts about feeling crappy is that J had to amuse himself. This is ok for a day or maybe two, but by Friday he was not so happy so my Sister came and kept us company for the afternoon. And with Hubby home on the weekend, I was able to drift in and out of sleep on the couch that I did not leave for two whole days. Ok, I pulled myself together to go to the store and my girlfriends house, but it was hard. It took a lot of convincing myself that I was not going to be sick.

Today, my Sister came again to stave off the boredom for J and brought me her favorite gum that she used to keep the sickies at bay. And hey it works pretty well. I will say that today is my best day so far. Either I am getting used to it or it is balancing off. I did know that it might be worse this time as my hcg levels were so high, and that is what can cause the nausea to begin with.

Anyhow, here's hoping that the sickies stay at bay and that I don't have to continue with the same view for the next five or six weeks. I may have to change to the other living room, just to see something different.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

As much as I feel sorry for you for dealing with nausea I'm also quite ecstatic hearing taht you DO have to deal with it, kwim?

I lived for a while drinking ginger ale, eating ginger snaps and ginger candy.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie!

4:39 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I found it much worse the second time as well. The ginger was my saving grace. I ate bottles upon bottles of it.

Hope you are feeling better soon, even though I am happy for why you are feeling sick ;-)...

5:47 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Hooray!!!! Morning sickness!!! Well, not hooray that it is lasting all day long...but still Hooray!!!!

P.S. hope you feel better...diclectin!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I remember having really bad morning sickness for 4 months. On the bright side, they say that the sicker you are the healthier the baby is!

12:42 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

i found that nothing cured morning sickness except sleep. i didn't feel nauseous when i was sleeping lol.
wishing you a wonderful day X

1:15 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

YEAH! Mornign Sickness. I hope you can get somethimg for it. I was sick for a whol 7 months with Nathan and just when I started feeling good he arrived.

Sigh.

And I'm gonna keep wishing morning sickies on ya.

I'm such a good friend.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I was sick on the couch pretty well for 9 months while pregnant. Sick to my stomack every day. As soon as the baby was born I felt so much better. It is hard when you have a young one to amuse. Hang in there!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Neumann Stephens said...

I can relate too - nothing helped me at all except yoghurt and hanging my head out the window whenever we drove anywhere like a dog. Not appropriate for January. I did have some luck with a hangover cure from my Naturopath because I didn't want to take Diclectin. Minimal results though. Congratulations!!! When it goes away it just disappears from one day to the next - it really freaked me out! Good luck with it, sleep lots!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Ann D said...

You can also call the Morning Sickness Helpline at Motherisk for more tips/support:
They are operate the only dedicated nausea and vomiting of pregnancy helpline in the world.
http://www.motherisk.org/women/morningSickness.jsp
1-800-436-8477

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home