Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Playtime 4 Kids

I had wanted to blog about watching the People's Choice Awards last night, and how I still love Jennifer Aniston. And how I wish I had started watching Grey's Anatomy when it first started. But instead, I feel I have to share this new fun place to take your kids.

Sorry for those of you not living in the Ottawa Area, particulary the West end, but I need to share.

Playtime 4 Kids opened just before Christmas on Merivale Road. It is located in the Emerald Plaza (beside the mall with Peir 1 and Home Sense). It is just like all the other indoor playgrounds, but in some ways it is just a bit better. Size wise it is smaller than Cosmic, but bigger than the one in Kanata. Price wise it is the same, but you can purchase a ten visit pass at quite a discount and the pass is transferrable or can be shared.

The structures are simple but not too big, short tunnels (great for J and J2 as they don't like tunnels) slides, a small ball room, ropes to hang on, fake ponds to pretend to jump on the alligators and more. All in all we had a great time.

There is also a cafeteria, well laid out and offering a good variety from pizza to hot dogs. We did not sample the food today as I had another craving that needed to be satisfied. But, we plan for to go back again and stay for lunch.

They do have a game area, where the games spit out tickets and you can exchange the tickets for prizes, but we were able to avoid those today as well.

The best part for us (my Sister and I) was that it was not crowded. Actually today we were the only ones there, but our other Sister went over Christmas and it was packed and the weekends are pretty busy apparently.

My Sister seemed to feel relief that we could see the kids with very little effort and that they couldn't get too far up in the structure without us being able to reach them quickly. This is a problem at the other location as our kids get really nervous when they get up too high and are surrounded by other kids they don't know.

All in all we had a pretty great time. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention... they have free wireless! Yes, so you can bring your laptop while the kids play and work or surf the net, or blog and your kids can play. Try it out.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

oh thanks! will add that to my list of places to go with teh kids :)

so what did you crave today?

10:01 PM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

I betcha Jo would have a ball there. Can we meet mid morning on the 20th?? I know almost exactly where that is and will be only about an hour away?
What was the craving?????

10:10 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Man, I wish I lived closer!

I just started watching Greys Anatomy on DVD so I could catch up. I'll loan it to you if you want when I am done. I've been addicted, watching two or three episodes a night. I will be so, so sad when I catch up, which should be in a few days.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Sounds awesome. I have never been to cosmic adventures so this would be a good start. I would hate to be there and have to crawlt hrough to get Nathan. It's happened at McD's. SIGH I'm not as felixable as I used to be.

7:56 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Harvey's, I was craving Harvey's for three days, but it isn't as close to our house as the rest of the fast food places that I don't enjoy. So we went to Harvey's and it was all I could do to not have two hamburgers. On the good side, I found out that there is a drive through at that one!

Chichimama, I didn't know that Grey's Anatomy was on DVD, I may have to rent it and catch up too!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I am watching Grey's Anatomy on DVD, I am into season 2. My daughter decided to start watching it with me. After many questions about the characters I told her to watch the first few episodes from season 1, they were my favorite.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home