Friday, January 12, 2007

Product Tester

Although I was feeling good for about two days, I have resumed my spot on the couch. Much to J's despair. He is learning slowly that Mommy needs a rest after lunch and that if he brings toys to me at the couch I will play with them. Just not the Tonka trucks.

My biggest problem is the nausea. I just never know if it will ever get worse. My Sister gave me a pack of gum and told me it worked for her. So far so good, I can go out for a few minutes to the grocery store while chewing away. Although I used to chew gum years ago and all the time, I had stopped. I find it irritating now, but I will keep on chewing if it helps me feel better.

So as I rested earlier this afternoon, my doorbell rang. That in itself is rare and usually means my pesky neighbour needs a pair of pants sewn or to put something in my freezer. But instead there was nobody. My dogs were barking and I don't like to open the door until I know the all is clear. I went in the living room and saw that the UPS truck was at the end of my driveway. So I opened the door and there was a package for me. Anxious that I was to get the package, I opened it up and I have been chosen to be a product tester for Glow magazine. I signed up back in the early fall and completely forgot about it. I have signed up to be product testers before through other magazines, but none of them ever sent me anything.

This time I got chosen to try a new anti-aging product. And on one hand I wanted to cry but, on the other hand I was looking at the wrinkles around my eyes this morning trying to remember what it is that my older Sister uses to make hers look less noticable. The one thing that makes me feel badly about not having kids in my twenties is that I feel that I look older than I should. I know being a Mom helps keep you young, but I want to keep looking young too.

I won't disclose the brand name yet as I haven't tried it and would like to be able to give an opinion about it when I do. Stay tuned, hopefully this will be the first of many trials.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I too had ups bring me a package. It was just before Christmas and I didn't have time to acutally look at the paperwork that came with the product I am supposed to test. Thanks for the reminder. I should get on that.

3:41 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I got one today too. I wondered in re: to the anti-aging and me recently turning 40... was a little, shall we say "Put off!"

Anyway, not sure if I will try it or not...

3:54 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Ooh. how fun! How does one get on such list????

8:03 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

COOL! Let me know how it goes. I might like to sign up.

How your nausea lessens abit.

I'll be emailing you.
Hugs

7:54 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

oh how cool! how did you get on that list? and let me know what you thought of it as I'm on the market for a new anti-aging cream ;)

2:04 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

*glow* magazine...
maybe they know you're pregnant??
hoping the preggie glow replaces the nausea soon....

12:40 AM  
Blogger Ann D said...

That's really neat about the GLOW product testing thing. I write for the magazine and I really like the way they run the opinions of real women/moms.

And CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR EXCITING NEWS. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

XO

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home